The symptom of Rowing helps to diagnose acute appendicitis
Appendicitis is characterized by inflammationappendix, which is a small (about 9 cm) appendage of the cecum. Because of the peculiarities of the body, it can inflame and provoke the development of the most common surgical disease. Therefore, it is especially important to diagnose this pathology in time.
Basics of the disease
If acute measures of appendicitis are not taken immediately, pathology can be life-threatening, as it leads to perforation of the appendix and purulent diffuse peritonitis.
The main symptom of acute appendicitis is the sharp appearance of abdominal pain. The pain syndrome is characterized by the following symptoms:
- initially the sensations are exacerbated in the epigastric region;
- After 6-8 hours the pain moves to the right iliac region;
- later it assumes a diffuse character;
- pain manifests itself constantly, with periodic strengthening and weakening, but there are no painless moments;
- with any movements, painful sensations increase, so a person with acute appendicitis moves, holding his hand on the right side of the abdomen, which is one of the characteristic symptoms of this disease;
- acute pain indicates purulent inflammation;
- reduction of pain syndrome in acute form of flow indicates the onset of gangrenous process and death of nerve endings.
Usually, the disease does not cause difficulties in diagnosing. Appendicitis is determined on the basis of its characteristic features, which include the positive symptoms of Rowing, Sitkovsky, and others.
So, in determining the latter, the pain on the right inThe ileum is strengthened when the patient lies on the left side. According to Sitkovsky's observations, the pain injection is due to the fact that the cecal outgrowth is stretched and its deformation causes pain syndrome. The pain is exacerbated by the tension of the mesentery of this process.
A symptom of Rowing with appendicitisis characterized by the appearance of pain in the right ileal region, if the doctor performs an impulse palpation in the projection of the lateral canal, in the left part of the abdomen (from left to right).
The following characteristics also apply to the most significant:
- Symptom Bartome - Michelson - the appearance of pain during palpation of the cecum, if the patient lies on his left side.
- Symptom Obraztsova - the increase in pain when exercising pressure on the cecum, with a simultaneous attempt to raise a straightened right leg.
A detailed examination of the symptom of rovsinga
The symptom of the roving is to increasethe painful condition on the right when pressure is applied to the sigmoid colon (it is in the left ileal region) and in the manifestations of convulsive spasms above it. When viewed on the abdominal wall in the left part of the iliac region, press the fingers of the left hand together, and without taking them away, the right one makes a short push to the upper region of the large intestine. The sign of the roving is thus designed to move the gases during the push.
Nevertheless, in some cases, when examinedthe patient is difficult to put the correct diagnosis, since the symptom of the roving may be absent. It is especially difficult to distinguish symptoms of an abdominal aortic aneurysm rupture from the manifestations of the described disease, with the spread of blood in the right ileal zone.
The symptoms of rovings are not used very often, but they, by the way, are considered one of the most reliable for the correct diagnosis of appendicitis.
Significance of the correct diagnosis
In modern medicine with a mild formappendicitis is performed by laparoscopic operations, which do not require the creation of an abdominal incision. In this case, the endoscopic instrument is inserted into the abdominal cavity through a small incision in the tissue. This method allows you to avoid surgical intervention, as well as significantly reduce the rehabilitation period. The risk of postoperative complications after laparoscopic appendectomy is minimal.
But, unfortunately, the symptoms of appendicitis are periodically confused with the manifestations of other pathologies:
- renal colic;
- acute cholecystitis;
- stomach ulcer;
- acute inflammation of the bladder and female organs.
Positive symptoms of the roving and other signsplay an important role in the diagnosis of this pathology, but in cases of abnormal position of the process, the clinical picture can be blurred. Therefore, it is very important to pay attention in time to the peculiarities of the pain that has arisen.
In order to avoid serious consequences,should seek specialized medical help, otherwise it can end tragically. It is important to understand that self-diagnosis in such cases is extremely dangerous.