Allergy to bloom: symptoms, prevention and treatment
Spring time, perhaps, is the most beautiful: at this time nature begins to awaken, everything around comes to life and starts to bloom. Here are just blooming this brings some not joy, but an exacerbation of pollinosis (seasonal allergy to flowering), the symptoms and treatment of which we consider in this article.
Previously, this disorder was called "hayfever. " It arises because of too active reaction of the body to pollen particles, which settles on the nasal mucosa and causes its irritation. Naturally, the immune system responds to such an "invasion" by taking pollen particles of flowers for the virus, as a result - irritation, sneezing and itching occur. The bloom allergy, the symptoms of which are very similar to the symptoms of a cold, creates discomfort and prevents a person from leading an active and healthy lifestyle. The manifestation of pollinosis are:
- sneezing attacks;
- tear and redness of the eyes;
- stuffy nose and abundant rhinitis;
- Shortness of breath;
- coughing and wheezing in the chest;
- sore throat;
- labored breathing;
- skin rashes.
All these signs may indicate that,that a person started a seasonal allergy to flowering. Symptoms of this disorder are very similar to a cold, but there is one significant difference: when the pollen does not raise the body temperature, and the symptoms are most pronounced in dry and hot weather.
How to treat allergy to bloom
To answer this question, the first thing thatit is necessary to do is to visit the doctor: he will help to determine what caused the bloom allergy. Symptoms of hay fever can be eliminated with the help of special medications, as well as using a spray for the nose. In case of inflammation and tearing of eyes, drops come to the aid, on the basis of such a substance as "Interferon". To prepare for the spring, it is possible to vaccinate against allergies in the winter: it consists of injecting microscopic doses of the allergen for several months in order to accustom the organism to it. Some people are mistaken, believing that if the spring season has passed, then the allergy to flowering has disappeared. Treatment and prevention of pollinosis can relieve of such serious illnesses as bronchial asthma, anaphylactic shock, atopic dermatitis, allergic conjunctivitis and Quincke's edema.
Preventive measures against hay fever
To ease your condition and not exacerbate it even more, you should follow simple and useful recommendations:
- During the flowering period, you should try not to open the windows and do not go out in the evening, when the air gets colder.
- When you come home, you must immediately change your clothes and preferably take a shower, as the particles of flower pollen can remain on your hair.
- You should take a closer look at your home: Street clothes should not be in the same room where a person sleeps, do not put indoor flowers on the windows or make bouquets of dried plants.
- It is recommended to give up some food products: milk, strawberries, carrots, pineapple, kiwi and other exotic fruits and their juices, nuts, seeds. </ ol </ p>