Why does the gum go away from the tooth and how to bring it back into place
If the gum is moving away from the tooth - this is a sign of periodontitis, an inflammatory process. With this disease in the gums are formed pockets, there is an active lesion of the ligamentous apparatus of the teeth.
Causes of periodontitis
- somatic diseases (weak immunity, diabetes, hematopoietic system diseases);
- dental plaques (they actively grow pathogenic microflora);
- traumas (occur from an incorrect bite, atypical traumatic position of any teeth);
- Insufficient sanation (tartar, caries).
Symptoms of the disease
If the inflamed gum goes away from the tooth - thisactive stage of the inflammatory process. The onset of the disease does not bring uncomfortable sensations and does not appear. The clinical picture of the development of periodontitis is as follows:
bleeding, swelling, redness of the gums;
- sensitivity of teeth;
- a sensation of pus in the mouth;
- gingivitis - an inflammatory process of the gingival mucosa;
- abscesses in the places where the gum is moving away from the tooth;
- elevated body temperature;
- enlarged solid lymph nodes, painful on palpation;
- loosening of teeth.
Getting rid of periodontitis
The effectiveness of treatment is related to the degreelesions of the oral cavity. The earlier it was possible to detect the onset of the pathogenic process, the sooner the recovery will be. If a festering fistula is already formed on the gum, treatment is required immediately. Delay can lead to sepsis and death! Therapy includes different methods.
1. Local treatment. It boils down to thorough sanitation and eliminationcauses that cause the development of the disease. For example, sealing the seal, tooth treatment, which injures the gums, correction of bite, removal of calculus. In the initial stage - this is quite effective measures for complete recovery.
2. Surgical intervention. In cases where the gum is away from the tooth, the doctoryou need to thoroughly clean the purulent calcaneous pockets. For this, an open or closed curettage is used. After surgical manipulation, the oral cavity is periodically treated with alcohol-free antiseptics - until the inflammation is completely removed and the pockets are healed. On a full recovery with this therapy will take 3-6 months.
3. General treatment consists of assignments:
- drugs to improve peripheral circulation;
- antibiotics taking into account the sowing of the microflora of the oral cavity;
- multivitamin complexes for increasing immunity;
- mouth rinse with a decoction of the oak bark - it creates an invisible film through which pathogenic bacteria do not penetrate.
Prevention of disease
The following simple actions will help to prevent the inflammatory process:
- Careful care (to help in this special toothpastes, rinsers, herbal medicinal herbs, salt solution);
- regular visits to the dentist (for preventive examination, removal of calculus, elimination of infection, caries);
- strengthening of immunity.
Periodontal disease is an insidious disease. If you do not find it in the initial stage, it will take up to six months to defeat the pathogenic bacteria. Keep an eye on the condition of the gums, so that your wide smile always rejoices those around you.