Arthritis of the foot: causes and treatment methods
Arthritis of the foot is an inflammation of the joints, which in this case are deformed. The person feels pain, it is difficult for him to walk. Often people do not pay attention to the first symptoms and do not immediately go to the doctor.
Causes of the disease
Inflammation and deformity of joints can develop for a number of reasons. The most common are the following:
1. Infectious - the disease can begin because of viral infections. These include syphilis, gonorrhea, acute tonsillitis.
2. Traumatic - unsuccessful fall, accident, injuries - all this can push to the beginning of the disease. Inflammation of the joints can occur if you wear uncomfortable shoes or regularly load during sports.
3. Autoimunna - if the cartilaginous tissue is damaged and the body begins to reject its cells. In this case, not only the joints of the foot, but also the fingers of the hands, can be affected.
4. Specific - develops with psoriasis or gout.
Details of the causes, symptoms and methods of treating foot arthrosis are told
Symptoms of the disease
When arthritis stops, patients complain of pain in thelegs, which becomes stronger if a person walks or stands for a long time. There are redness of the joint, swelling, the skin in the affected area becomes hot. When walking, joints can crunch, the foot loses mobility, a person can hardly move his toes with his fingers.
Other symptoms include: weakness, fever, loss of appetite, fever. But arthritis of the feet is difficult to diagnose, since in most cases the symptoms are individual. For example, if a person has gout, inflammation of the joints can begin after taking alcohol. In this case, the first finger on the foot is struck. In psoriasis, the lesion affects the distal interphalangeal joints, which swell and resemble sausages.
On examination to the doctor it is necessary to go, if atwalking hurt your legs. A rheumatologist or an orthopedist will examine the foot and the shin, will understand how much the joints are deformed, whether the foot is moveable, will check how the patient walks. If the pain in the leg occurred after the injury, then you need to make an appointment with a traumatologist. In this case, it is not difficult to establish a correct diagnosis.
A patient with suspected arthritis should doX-ray of the foot, ultrasound of the joints, MRI and computed tomography. In particularly difficult cases, doctors resort to biochemical analysis of blood and blood testing for sugar, and also puncture small joints.
Treatment of arthritis
Treatment of joint inflammation is prescribed by a doctor, it is individual. There are several options for how to overcome this disease: surgery, physiotherapy and taking medications.
Types of medicines:
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs reduce swelling and pain.
Glucocorticosteroids are administered intra-articularly to reduce pain.
Antibiotics prescribe if inflammation is caused by an infection.
Chondroprotectors give that the cartilaginous tissue not only not be destroyed, but also restored.
It is also possible to superimpose a gypsum tire in order to fix the foot and reduce the load on it. A special diet should adhere to the sick gout.
Within the framework of physiotherapy for inflammation of the jointsstop spend mud treatment, prescribe magnetotherapy and exercise therapy, send to sessions of foot massage. Doctors recommend to carefully consider the choice of shoes: it should not be cramped, it is worth abandoning high heels. Also need to use orthopedic insoles or wear special shoes.
If the disease was started, then surgery is required. Conducted either endoprosthetics of metatarsophalangeal joints, or arthroplasty.
Treatment of arthritis alone can begin only after a conversation with a doctor, as incorrect actions can aggravate the course of the disease. Folk remedies, basically, help to reduce pain.
1. A warming compress with a slice of lemon - put on an inflamed place. If the pain becomes stronger, then immediately remove it.
2. Warming pack of potatoes - peel the potatoes, grate them, put them in a saucepan, add water and heat them to +38 degrees. Then a potato 1.5 cm thick is put in a tissue bag. The compress is applied to the leg, wrapped with oilcloth and fixed with a bandage. It is done at night.
3. Mustards - warm the inflamed joint, reduce pain and inflammation.
4. Decoction of nettles - drink twice a week or more. It purifies the blood of toxins.
5. Compress with sea salt - in the inflamed place rub the fir oil, and then apply a compress with the warmed sea salt.
Prevention of disease
To reduce the risk of joints,you need to choose good shoes, give up smoking and loads in the office and during training, monitor weight. Try to avoid injuries to the legs and in time to eliminate infectious diseases.
Severe form of inflammation of the joints of the foot can lead to limp, worsening gait and even disability.