Occupational health and safety engineer: job description
To monitor the clear implementation of requirementssafety in staff list of employees, an additional unit is introduced - "health and safety engineer". People already working on this specialty are similar. Everyone says that for this work a person who is fully developed, who understands the work of the enterprise and individual processes in particular, is suitable.
The engineer on a labor safety and safety precautions,whose education plays an important role in hiring, can have three categories. A specialist may be appointed to the position, which meets the requirements that are imposed on this position, namely: higher education, while the length of service is not taken into account; Secondary special education with a seniority in the position of engineer (mechanic) of 3 years.
Requirements may vary depending on thecategory, which will have an engineer for labor protection and safety. The salary from this, respectively, will also change. The average salary is from 15 to 40 thousand rubles.
A frequent question among those wishing to receive the cherishedentry in the workbook "Safety and Health Engineer": where does the future specialist study? There is simply no answer to this question. An expert in this field can be an employee who has the qualification "engineer". Training is not conducted in educational institutions specializing in occupational safety and safety engineering. The candidate can only attend courses on labor protection, which are read in all technical universities.
The engineer for occupational safety and health uses the following regulatory documents in his work:
- legislative acts and other documents related to RT;
- orders (orders) of the head of the company, parent organizations;
- rules of the labor situation established in the company;
- job description.
The engineer for HSE needs to know:
- legislative base for the protection of labor activity, NPA;
- requirements for reliability and safety, applied to production processes;
- ways to determine the working conditions in which employees work at the enterprise;
- system of organization and principles of work in the field of RT;
- psychophysical requirements imposed on the severity of work, the use of services of workers who were transferred to light work, and women and minor children;
- features of the functioning of devices and equipment;
- ways to disseminate information in the field of health.
The safety and health engineer performs the following actions:
- Organizes work on the OT.
- Supervises the execution of NPA and other documents related to labor protection.
- Develops and implements new measures to prevent occupational diseases and prevent accidents in the company, to modernize the quality of working conditions.
- Provides documentary assistance in the event of questions on the OT.
- Cooperates with the employer in the creation of a safe and healthy climate in the enterprise.
- Represents the necessary reporting on its activities.
The engineer for occupational safety and health is obliged:
- To organize the organization of all processes on health care, andalso the relationship between the units for the observance of safety standards in terms of quality and working conditions, implements the state policy in the field of protecting the activities of employees within the limits of their powers.
- Analyze working conditions of employees, degreeinjuries and occupational diseases. Develop a set of measures to modernize working conditions, prevent occupational diseases and prevent injuries.
- Introduce the world's best practices on hygiene andwork safety, develop and implement modern and improved elements of safety and blocking devices that protect the employee from hazardous and harmful factors of production.
- Conduct primary (introductory) instruction on the OT with new employees, seconded students, as well as schoolchildren and students who came to work practice.
- To provide training for management personnel in the field of expertise, to be a commission for testing the knowledge of employees in the field of HSE.
- Participate in the investigation of accidents at work.
- Provide fire safety and fire prevention in the enterprise.
- Implement modern scientific developments to protect the enterprise from fires.
- Ensure that the measures and recommendations prescribed by the state fire safety authorities are carried out in a qualitative and timely manner.
- Organize quality training of employeesprinciples of fire safety and ensure their participation in the prevention and elimination of fires, prevent workers who have not been instructed in the PB from working.
The Occupational Safety and Health Engineer has the right:
- To get familiarized with the projects of the decisions of the company's managers directly related to its sphere of activity.
- Conduct verification of compliance with the requirements for the protection of employees at any time of the enterprise.
- Require and receive from the production departments the necessary data and documents to monitor the correctness of the inclusion of the requirements for OT in them.
- To offer the employer rational proposals for the modernization of working conditions at the enterprise, protection of workers' industrial rights.
- Require the heads of departments to strictly comply with the requirements of state supervision bodies, as well as activities that are developed at the enterprise, in full and on time.
- To suspend the orders of the heads of subdivisions, if they contradict the legislative acts, as well as the documents adopted in the management, to inform the head about it.
- Suspend the operation of any equipment and tools if violations of the OT regulations are detected in them.
- To offer management ways to modernize working conditions within this job description.
Occupational health and safety engineer: responsibility
Carries personal responsibility (within the limits of the current legislation):
- For poor performance or complete failure to perform their duties, improper or complete non-use of the granted rights in full.
- For violations of the legal norms that were committed in the course of performing job duties.
- For material damage caused to the enterprise.
- For violation of legislation on HSE, as well as TB.
- For the reliability of information provided to state statistics bodies. </ ul </ p>