The system administrator is who? Courses of the system administrator
A system administrator is a specialist or an employee responsible for the serviceability of the service of all local networks that belong to this organization.
The sysadmin must necessarily be a professional in his business, without certain knowledge and skills in this area will not work.
A system administrator is a person who knows:
- all protocols and all network equipment;
- scheme of building networks;
- administration of lines with different operating systems;
- the main aspects of engineering repair of computer equipment;
- base of the technical description of the PC;
- compatibility of different equipment;
- where exactly is the system malfunction;
- information security rules.
If a person really has such knowledge, then one can not doubt his competence. Such a specialist will be good at coping with his work.
A system administrator is a person who has:
- excellent composure;
- high communication skills.
Most often, software products and computer installations are developed by foreign specialists, so the sysadmin must be able to talk (read) in English.
And also the system administrator is an employee who has:
- analytical mind;
- well-developed logical thinking.
These qualities are necessary in the work in this position, because the performed actions of the sysadmin must be at the level of automatism. Work should always be clear, and errors are minimized.
Duties of the system administrator
The job description of the system administrator is quite extensive. Know and be able to do quite a bit.
Person applying for this position, you must have the appropriate education or take courses of the system administrator.
Appoints and dismisses from this post the employee director of the enterprise in the person of the head. The sysadmin fully submits to his supervisor.
Job description of the system administrator
On the shoulders of the system administrator are assigned the following duties:
- installation of necessary software;
- software configuration;
- support in working condition of the software;
- registration of users in work mails and local networks;
- assistance to technical and program staff;
- Establishment of usage rights for local network workers and control of their use;
- timely copying of all working files;
- detection of an error in the event of a breakdown and restoration of the operability of the system equipment;
- development of proposals for the development of the information structure of the network;
- ensuring the safety of network equipment;
- installing antivirus software;
- informing the head of violations of the rules for the use of network equipment.
A system administrator is a person who has the right:
- introduce rules for the use of local networks and modernize their routine;
- to suggest to the governing bodies measures to improve the work.
To work as a system administrator,It is necessary to have at least the basic skills of this profession. If there is no corresponding higher or secondary special education, you can take courses to get the desired job.
Courses of the system administrator provide detailed information on the organization of networks based on certain operating systems.
How to choose the right courses?
When choosing courses for system administration, you need to pay attention to:
- Teachers. To get really high-quality knowledge, teachers should be experts in their field.
- Certificates provided (at the end of the course).
- Course assortment. Lectures should be on really necessary topics, otherwise you can just waste time and money for nothing.
It is important to choose courses where special attention is paid tois given to the relationship between the system administrator and other users of working computer networks. After all, the work of the system administrator is the link between technology and man.
Duration of courses can vary from 2 weeks to 2 years.
The cost is calculated depending on the duration and the volume of the course itself. The future sysadmin can be trained both in the group and individually.
A person who wants to improve his or her qualifications, and a beginner in this field of activity, regardless of education, can also take such courses.
Where should I go to the system administrator?
These specialists work in a rather rapidly developing field. According to the latest data, the system administrator is one of the most popular professions, therefore the issue of employment will not arise.
Companies providing work to the system administrator are divided into 2 types:
- Non-core. In simple terms, these are companies that do not deal with IT. It can be:
- agencies involved in tourism;
- auto dealers;
- A company whose profile is the work withreal estate. Such organizations do not go into the official duties of the sysadmin. They will not be able to control its work, so nothing will be complicated. But the quality work will not be appreciated.
These are large websites or companies whose work is connected with computer technologies:
- cellular companies;
- processing organizations.
Employees of such enterprises are divided into different areas of activity. And the work done in this case will be appreciated, which is important for the development of specialists.
Sysadmin - station wagon
Such specialists are mainly looking for non-core companies. The duties of such an employee will include everything in just a little bit.
In this case, the employee does not have career growth.will be, since a person is not defined with a specific area of his activity. But for beginners, this kind of work is perfect for deciding what it is most pleasant for them to do.
The System Administrator Assistant is a person who does the work with which the main specialist can not cope (for example, because of the heavy employment).
The main duties of the system administrator:
- help employees in elementary questions for the sysadmin;
- prepare the working equipment for the beginning of service;
- solve all issues regarding user applications;
- rectify the structured cabling system;
- diagnose all the problems that arise.
In another way, the system administrator's assistant is called an enikeyschikom.
The assistant to the system administrator is, rather, not a job, but a part-time job. But knowledge эникейщика should be at level of knowledge of the system administrator.
For such a post, young people who do not have a specialized education, or people who want to become a system administrator, usually apply.
Career growth of a sysadmin will depend on:
- Theoretical knowledge. First, the theory is not needed, but if you constantly neglect it, then you can forget about career growth.
- Practical skills. The main aspect of promotion on the career ladder.
- Knowledge of realities. This knowledge determines the profile of the enterprise. That is, the administrator needs to know what the company is doing.
- Useful and necessary dating (blat). If a person is not a real expert in their field, then this point will help in promoting a career.
Knowing all these elementary aspects, you can move along the career ladder from the assistant to the head of the IT department.