Chicken in orange sauce: fast and original
Baked chicken may seem simpleand an ordinary dish for a festive feast, for which good housewives want to prepare food not only tasty, but also original. However, the chicken in the orange sauce is a great opportunity to surprise the guests with a piquant taste and original serving. In addition, it is easy to prepare and does not take a lot of time.
Orange juice gives the bird unusualcitrus taste, and ascorbic acid in its composition makes the meat juicy and tender. That the chicken in an orange sauce has turned out faultless, it is necessary to observe some rules.
- For a marinade it is not necessary to buy juice in the store, it is too sweet and filled with preservatives, dyes and other chemicals that are absolutely not needed in meat.
- Meat is marinated in the juice of high-quality and, what is highly desirable, fresh oranges. The spoiled fruit is not suitable, they will give an unpleasant taste to the dish.
- Chicken meat does not need long marinating. You can leave the meat in the juice for the night, but it usually takes three to four hours for the chicken to absorb the aromas of spices and the taste of citrus.
- If there is not enough time, then the cuts are cut with a knife - so it will soundly fade in an hour or two.
- Chicken in orange sauce should not be pickledin aluminum containers, since ascorbic acid reacts chemically with aluminum and decomposes. It is best to use enamelled containers, stainless steel or glassware. Alternatively, the bird can be put in a package.
- To make the meat soaked with juice, it needs to be turned from time to time.
Chicken in orange sauce can be cooked wholecarcass or cut into portions. The carcass looks more beautiful on the table, but with portioned pieces less trouble. The meat so marinated is excellent for baking in an oven in a simple dish, in a sleeve or under a foil, in a cauldron with vegetables, frying in a pan, grilling or as a shish kebab.
Juice tastes even not very young chicken, but it is better to choose a fresh and young bird that has not undergone repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Before cooking, the meat should be washed anddry with paper towels. Skin and excess fat, some housewives are removed to make food harmless. However, the ruddy crust makes the final dish more festive and appetizing, and the meat with the fat is juicier.
The amount of ingredients in the marinade depends onmass of meat. You can use only orange juice, garlic, vegetable oil, black pepper and salt. But sometimes add ginger, mustard, honey, favorite spices for the bird. In short, there is a wide field for culinary experiments. The marinade is done as follows:
- In olive or vegetable oil, add grated or crushed garlic.
- From oranges squeeze out the juice and cut or grate the zest.
- Mix all the ingredients, mix the pepper and salt.
- If there is a desire, add other spices and products.
- Carcase a bird or pieces of a bird with a marinade, it is better to completely immerse the meat in it.
- Marinate in a cool place for at least a couple of hours, turning the carcass or shaking the package.
Recipe: chicken in orange sauce in the oven
- chicken carcass or portioned chunks - 1.5 kg;
- vegetable oil, but better quality olive - 80 ml;
- oranges - 700 g;
- garlic - 3-4 cloves;
- pepper, spices, salt - to taste.
Marinate meat.Put the carcass or pieces into a baking container and send to a preheated oven. Chicken in orange sauce is cooked for about an hour in the oven at a temperature of about 200 ° C. You can bake with slices of orange or each piece of meat to decorate a circle of fruit. The dish is perfectly combined with vegetable salads, rice, baked potatoes.
Barbecue chicken recipe in orange sauce
- chicken cut into small pieces - 1,5 kg;
- vegetable oil - 80 ml;
- orange juice - 400-500 ml;
- mustard - 1 tbsp. l .;
- garlic - four denticles;
- onion - 2 heads;
- honey, ginger root - 20 g each;
- spices, salt - to taste.
Meat is more convenient pre-marinate at home, butyou can do it in field conditions directly on the nature. All the ingredients for the marinade mix, add to the bowl with meat and chopped onion rings, mix thoroughly and leave at least for a couple of hours. Spraying with dark beer or orange juice, fry the meat on skewers or grill until ready. As a rule, with a good heat of coal, the shish kebab will be ready in 10-15 minutes. Serve with vegetable salads or with grilled vegetables.