The Church of St. Nicholas the Miracle-Worker in Kuznets, survived the hard times
In the center of Zamoskvorechye is locatedan ancient and unusually cozy church, which did not close all the time of the atheistic hard times. In the people it is known as the temple of St. Nicholas in Kuznetsi. There are no books written about the history of its creation, and most of the information was collected by members of the religious fraternity organized within its walls. Here is a little of what we learned.
Sloboda, founded by blacksmiths
At the end of the XV century in the area of Zamoskvorechyeresettled because of the Yauza family of blacksmiths - residents who were there since the dawn of time Blacksmith's settlement. They founded a new settlement with the same name, for which a plot was located in the area of the current Vishnyakovskiy lane.
Well, since an Orthodox person can notdo without the Grace of God, then immediately erected a church that received the name of Novokuznetsk. It was located right where today the temple of Nicholas the Miracle-Worker in Kuznetsi towers, and the voice of her bell sometimes merged with the sound of numerous anvils.
The predecessors of the present temple
Information on the monastery is almost not preserved, andthe only mention of the church built by blacksmiths in their new settlement is found among the documents of the Patriarchal Order, dated 1625. But they also report only its name and that this temple was God's wooden, like most of the buildings of that time.
The church stood until 1683, giving waya new stone church. Whether it burned in the fire so often visited Moscow fires, or the God-loving inhabitants of the capital city deliberately dismantled it, making room for a more solid and durable construction - is unknown. But only on the patriarchal blessing the temple was built, which stood for one hundred and twenty two years, and on the site of which in 1805 was laid a new, preserved to our days and well-known to the Muscovites church of St. Nicholas in Kuznetsi.
Holy patron and patron
Not surprisingly, the main throne of the new churchwas consecrated in honor of this very saint, known for his protection as traveling people, and widows, orphans, islanders and other people, whom in his life fell an unenviable lot. And since there were always such people in Russia, the important bells went to the bells of his bells and set off for a long voyage, and a gloomy, copper penny revered for happiness.
The unique and original look of the temple
Temple of Sts.Nikolay in Kuznetsk Sloboda acquired its present appearance after the reconstruction, made in 1847. Then an additional third tier of the bell tower was added, and the volume of the refectory - the central part of the temple, in which the general worship services took place - was somewhat increased.
The name of the architect who created the temple project,It is not known, but for a number of reasons it can be assumed that this was one of the pupils of the famous Russian architect M.F. Kazakova. His school is indicated, in particular, in the strict and laconic plane of walls, according to the canons of classicism, a powerful apse - an oval ledge of the western facade, in which an altar room is placed, a spherical dome called "rotundal", and a powerful light drum on which he installed.
In general, according to its architectural design, the templeis a vivid example of Empire style. Its appearance is laconically entered, the relief images of the holy Evangelists, placed in round niches located above the northern and southern entrances, as well as the image of St. Nicholas, placed in the mosaic technique, placed on the apse. The undoubted discovery of the architect was the combination of the solar color of the main parts of the building with the whiteness of the elements of its decorative decoration.
The Church of St. Nicholas in Kuznets is differentalso a special laconicism and simplicity of their internal premises. In them, the architect managed to achieve the effect of an inconspicuous flow of walls to the base of the dome drum, which creates the impression of openness and spaciousness. This sensation intensifies the flow of light pouring from the large triple windows of the drum and filling the refectory and lateral limits. In its rays, the iconostasis, shining with gilding of stucco decorations, especially wins.
The center of spiritual life
In the years of God-seeking, elevated to the rank ofofficial state ideology, the general campaign to close the churches bypassed the church of St. Nicholas the Wonderworker. The history of her service to God and people has not been interrupted for the entire long period of the domination of godless power. The temple not only remained the center of spiritual life, but was also a refuge for many shrines brought to it from the closed Moscow churches.
Today, when people are awakened from atheisticdope, the church again became the property of the religious communities around them. Together with them, the Church of Nicholas the Miracle-Worker in Kuznets continues to serve God and people. The schedule of services held in it is hardly different from the schedule of services in other metropolitan churches. Traditionally on weekdays in the mornings they start at 8:00 and then continue at 17:00. The exception is Sundays and holidays, when the Divine Liturgy is performed twice - early at 7:00 and late at 9:30.
The clergy of the temple and its most active memberscommunities are constantly engaged in extensive spiritual and educational work among the parishioners. In particular, in recent years, in addition to the previous Sunday school, the Orthodox Gymnasium began to operate, in which students, along with the study of general subjects, spend a lot of time on Sacred History and the Catechism.