The Trinity Church in the Sheets: history, modern times, schedule of services.
The Trinity Church in the Leaf is first mentioned inhistorical documents of 1632. The temple is called the Life-giving Trinity, not by chance, since it was from here that the ancient pilgrims began their pedestrian journey to the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra.
The history of the temple
In the stone, the church was rebuilt by the archers. This streltsy regiment always stood out faithful to the tsar. They contributed to the capture of Stenka Razin, distinguished themselves in the Chigirinsky campaign of 1678. After the battle, they did not forget to bring thanksgiving to the Lord.
Tsar Aleksei Mikhailovich favored his subjects and donated a brick for the construction of the church, constantly supervised its erection, sent ecclesiastical utensils.
The highest favor was rendered to the church by Tsar Peter I,so the regiment under the command of Lavrenty Sukharev was the only one who kept him faithful during the Streltsy rebellion of 1689 and followed him to the Trinity-St. Sergius Lavra.
The status of the Admiralty and the parish was awarded to the church by decree of Peter I in 1704. Subsequently, the bell tower built in the second half of the 18th century has a characteristic Admiralty spire.
From 1919 to the 1930s. the abbot of the church was Protopriest Vladimir Strakhov, who was subsequently executed. Here also served priest Ivan Krylov, who spent almost 20 years in prison.
From 1921 to 1924 years. first a psalm-reader, and then the deacon here served the future priest-martyr John Tarasov.
In 1927 - the Holy Martyr John Berezkin.
From 1930 to 1931. - PriestMartyr Boris Ivanovsky, who was the last abbot of the church before it was closed by the Bolshevik authorities. This happened in 1931.
At first the hostel was placed here, then the workshops.
In the early 70's, the walls of the temple beganconstruction of the exit from the metro station. During the work, cracks in the walls were found. The temple was going to be demolished, but the famous architect Peter Baranovsky defended the old church.
The 1980 Olympics served as a pretext forthe salvation of many Moscow churches that stood in desolation, and the Trinity Church in the Sheets, too, was partially restored. The temple was freed from the add-ons and annexes of the Soviet era, the head and the dome were returned to their place. After the Olympics, the restoration work froze. The temple was planned to be transferred to the Mosconcert. But, fortunately, this did not happen.
Restoration of the temple
In 1990, the temple of the Life-Giving Trinity in the Leafsreturned to the Russian Orthodox Church. The first floor of the temple had to literally dig out of sand and clay. The bell tower was rebuilt, according to the examples of the 17th century, the iconostases of the Pokrovsky aisle and a chapel of St. Alexius, Metropolitan of Moscow, were built. The iconostasis of the central chapel was restored from a photo of the XIX century.
As soon as the church service was resumed in the churchlife, to strengthen the faith of the parishioners the Lord revealed many of his miracles and mercies. First, the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God returned to the Trinity Church in the Leaf, which, apparently, was in the attic for 60 years, while the desolation reigned inside the church. It was discovered quite unexpectedly in the early 90s.
There is also a crucifixion and icons that have already been mirred during the period of the new life of the temple. The once-old icon of the Life-Giving Trinity itself was refreshed and continues to lighten.
Shrines of the temple
The parishioner of the church is the icon painter Vyacheslav Borisovleft behind a bright memory, writing many icons. But along with beautiful new icons, any temple aspires to acquire and stained, nameless icons, such as a wonderful icon of the holy martyr Paraskeva, in Russia named Friday. Or the icon of St. Theodosius of Chernigov with a piece of his vestments. This icon, according to legend, before the revolution was in the church in the name of the holy martyr Pankratiya. In 1929 the temple was destroyed. The last abbot of this church was celebrated in the temple of the Life-Giving Trinity in the Leaf in 1931.
The Trinity Church in the Sheets - a schedule of services
The temple in Liszt is visited by a large number of local parishioners, as well as pilgrims from other cities. Every day at 8.00 am the Liturgy begins, and at 17.00 Vespers and Matins.
In the days of church holidays, there are especially many in the templepeople - everyone is in a hurry to take part in a festive divine service and all-night vigil. The Trinity Church in the Sheets, whose work schedule is presented in the article, went through difficult times, but remained standing and continues to serve all believers.