Cement M500: technical specifications. Application
Cement brand M500 to date isone of the most popular and indispensable types of building materials. This great popularity is explained by the presence of strength characteristics - it is capable of withstanding loads exceeding 500 kg / cm2.
Cement M500: technical specifications
This material is a fine-grained mineralpowder, having a gray-green color. It contains a large percentage of calcium silicates. Concretes and mortars, which make up this component, are able to give the building structures special strength.
Cement M500, the price of which is relatively low, is made in accordance with GOST 10178-85.
The following raw materials are used for its production:
- Gypsum stone.
- Clinker. It is a mineral that is obtained by the method of sintering limestone and clay.
- Blast furnace charge.
- Various active additives that are used to improve the properties of cement. They can be hydrophobic, plasticizing, acid-resistant.
All components are finely ground andmix in a certain proportion. Index 500 in the marking of cement means that the material is able to withstand a weight of 500 kg per square centimeter. Solutions made on the basis of this brand are sufficiently resistant to low temperature, and when it hardens, its shrinkage is negligible, which significantly reduces the risk of cracks in the body.
Cement M500 specifications have the following:
- Frost resistance - F70. This is a very important parameter.The ability of cement M500 to resist multiple freezing-thawing is formed due to the addition of various modifying additives in its composition.
- The flexural strength is 6.4 MPa.
- The setting period is approximately 50 minutes.
- The compressive strength is 59.9 MPa.
- Expansion at setting - 10 mm.
- Fineness of grinding 92%. This characteristic can directly affect the setting and hardening time of the solution, as well as its strength.
- The radioactivity is 370 Bq / kg.
- Cement M500 specifications havethe most positive. Concretes and mortars based on cement 500 have a high resistance to corrosion and corrosive environments. Such mixtures are recommended for use in winter concreting. Cement M500 proportion when used has in domestic construction the following: 1: 3: 6, where there is 1 part of cement, 3 sand and 6 aggregate. It should be remembered that you should not mix cement M500 with other brands, as the characteristics of this material will dramatically change for the worse.
Density of cement M500
The density of cement is called the mass ratiomaterial to volume. It can be true and complete. According to technical data, density is a particular measurement of the mass of grains of a given substance to its volume (pores and air voids are not taken into account).
Cement M500 technical characteristics of the density has the following: depending on the area occupied by the surface, it is approximately 3000/3200 kg / m3.
Bulk material density in the loose state is 1100/1200 kg / m3.
In the compacted it is 1500/1600 kgm3.
At large facilities, in calculations, the density of cement M500, in general, is taken averaged - 1300 kg / m3.
At performance of civil work 2 kinds of cement М500 are applied:
- Without mineral additives. The pure product is labeled D0 (which means zero percent).
- With the content of mineral additives. Cement with different additives is designated by the indices D5 - D20. The letter "D" means additives, the figures indicate the percentage of additives.
They are denoted by the letters that stand at the end of the names. The most common of these are:
- PC - Portland cement.
- B is a fast-curing cement. It is used to eliminate emergency situations.
- ШПЦ - slag Portland cement. The added letter "Ш" means that the threshold of additives exceeds 20%.
- H - manufacture includes a strictly dosed amount of clinker.
- PL - due to the introduction of plasticizers, the frost resistance and elasticity of the material also increase.
- GF is a hydrophobic brand, which is characterized by water resistance.
- SS - sulfate-resistant. Resistant to aggressive liquids and substances.
- VRTS - waterproof and fast setting. It is used for sealing joints, joints, slots.
Thanks to the introduction of activeadditives are changing or amplifying its properties. This technology makes it possible to obtain a concrete mix with minimum costs, meeting the specific requirements of customers. Also, the addition of additives allows for significant savings in cement.
Cement M500 - application
Based on this material,high-quality building mixtures, such as heavy concrete, masonry and plaster mortar. A distinctive feature of the finished structures is strength, stability, durability. Cement is widely used in the most important construction sites:
- For pouring the foundation for multi-storey and industrial buildings.
- For the construction of public and industrial buildings and premises that are under heavy load (for example, shopping centers, railway stations, large warehouses or port docks).
- For emergency repairs and restoration of reinforced concrete and concrete structures. The material characteristics allow to perform the work in the shortest period of time and with the proper quality.
- For the construction of hydraulic structures, such as dams, bridges, dams, floodgates.
- Used in the construction of highways and roads, etc.
Now cement M500, the price of which depends onvolume (wholesale or retail) and starts at more than 200 rubles for a bag (50 kg), it has increasingly become used for making euros, sidewalk tiles, gas silicate blocks.