Functional duties of a procedural room nurse, her rights and responsibilities
Usually, at registration of the labor contractemployed in the hospital, the average medical staff is invited to study the functional duties of the nurse. This is necessary in order to avoid possible conflicts between the administration of the medical institution and the new employee. After all, in an employment contract, as a rule, not all the features of the work provided are formulated clearly and completely. In the official instruction, the duties of the nurse are detailed and as specific as possible.
Suppose, in practice, the work of hospitals is oftenthere are controversial situations about the delineation of the functions of procedural nurses and nurses. If, for example, it is the responsibility of the nurse to clean the treatment room, then the procedural nurse must be exempted from this labor function, and, accordingly, the cleaning point of the work area in her employment contract is excluded.
So, according to the job description, the functional duties of the nurse working in the procedural room of the hospital department include:
the implementation of medical and diagnostic procedures for medical appointments;
rendering of the first medical aid;
maintenance of the procedural room andavailability of necessary materials, that is, a regular check of the availability of tools, dressings, medicines, canned blood and blood substitutes;
adherence to the rules of infection control (compliance with the standards for disinfection and sterilization, aseptic and antiseptic);
collection of blood from the vein for biochemical examination and sending it to the laboratory;
ensuring strict accounting and storage of drugs of groups A and B;
timely filling of medical records on special accounting forms;
adherence to norms and rules of medical ethics (storage of medical secrets, observance of subordination relations, intelligible and patient explanation to patients of doctor's appointments);
adherence to internal labor regulations;
preparation of the office for patients;
disinfection of the surfaces of the cabinet for procedures;
conducting quartz and airing the cabinet according to the schedule approved by the administration of the medical institution.
It should be noted that the structure of the job description must necessarily include along with the section "Functional duties of a nurse" also her rights. This category includes:
- justified presentation of requirements to the administration on the creation of working conditions that enable the nurse to perform his duties in a qualitative and timely manner;
- control over the work of junior medical personnel;
- making proposals to the management of the department on improving the functioning of health facilities (within the competence of the nurse);
- participation in conferences and meetings of paramedical personnel;
- appeal against the actions of the head of the department to the head physician of the medical institution.
In addition to rights and duties, the nurse's job description also provides for a certain responsibility of the average medical worker, which he carries in his workplace, for:
- safety techniques in the implementation of medical procedures, compliance with the norms of antiseptics, asepsis;
- safety of medicines and equipment of the cabinet;
- Timeliness and correctness of filling in procedural cabinet documentation.
Thus, knowledge of the structure and basicpoints of their duties as a new nurse procedural room will allow, on the one hand, to prevent violations of her rights, and on the other - to determine the area of responsibility in the workplace.